Fiber cabling (fiber optic) refers to the medium and the technology associated with the transmission of information as light impulses along a glass or plastic wire or fiber. Fiber optic wire carries much more information than conventional copper wire and is far less subject to electromagnetic interference.
Generally speaking this type of cabling is used to tie floors together in multi-floor scenarios, to connect an IDF(s) to an MDF or building to building, etc. Backbone cabling comes in two main flavors, copper of fiber. CAT 5e, CAT 6 or higher for cooper cabling and 50 micron or 62.5 micron can be used on the fiber side. Fiber cabling comes in 6, 12, 24 or 48 strands. Most new installs use 50 micron. SC, ST or LC connectors. Up To Code can install either cooper or fiber cabling depending on your needs and budget.
In a large multi-floor or really long building scenario the fiber cabling is everything and so important to your overall network. It has to be done correctly and most importantly properly certified. This is where we shine. We can evern create a redundant path of fiber in case one part of the building goes does or there is a break in one of the fibers you can be up and running in short time.
How Does it Work?
- Call Up To Code (203) 876-9748 or email contact form and ask for Jim Pellegrino.
- Send us a scope of work (SOW). If you don’t have one or know what it is, ask us for a sample SOW so you can fill it in and send it back or you can hire us to create one for you.
- We will create a budget price based on your provided SOW or from the SOW we created for a fee.
Up To Code has network cabling solutions for businesses and system integrators.
- Secure and Reliable Network Cabling
- UTC Lifetime Cabling Guarantee
- Scalable Cabling Solutions
- Full Documentation and Labeling
We can provide you with all types of network cabling solutions, all the way from a fiber optic feed to the data jacks in the wall. We can handle complete structured cabling.